Philippine Software Outsourcing is a great choice for US companies because English has always been one of the official languages of the Philippines and it is the language of commerce and law, as well as the primary medium of instruction in education. The result for companies is that they get both high quality development and the ability to talk to developers who speak English as a native language. As a result, the Philippines is #2 in outsourced software development. Only India does more software development and that is mostly because of the number of developers in India versus the Philippines. In other words, it’s a population advantage for India.
I found some interesting statistics in an article on Quora. The Philippines have
- 50,000 plus software engineers involved in software development export services and growing at about 20% per year
- Approximately USD1.2B export revenue from software related export per year growing at 20% plus year on year.
- PSIA has over 150 software companies who are member and scores of small companies operating catering to startups across the world.
- Philippines is #2 in terms of software export, second to India
- Strong player in the ‘Software Product Engineering‘ service, which requires heavy interaction and verbal communication direct with the developers
- Software development services for offshore clients started in Philippines in the early 1980’s
- Philippines software industry is composed of several small but matured service providers with years of experience and business practices catering to global clients.
I can put you in touch with a Philippine Software Outsourcing group with whom I have had almost two decades of personal experience. In other words, I know what kind of work they do. Just contact me!